* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
1. Beat together the butter and confectioners' sugar till creamy. Add vanilla.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, stir into creamy mixture. Blend well.
3. Add the nuts, mix well, roll the dough out into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Flatten dough out and cut into 15 or 20 equal size pieces, shape into balls. Place on an non-greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes till firm but not brown. While still warm roll into confectioners' sugar, let cool and roll again.
The Buckingham Palace Garden Party tea from Teaporia is a great pairing with this delicate cookie